An exciting opportunity for a candidate with middle and/or back office developer experience to join a hedge fund that invests in globally diverse investment products. The role is focused on all aspects of the trade’s lifecycle, post trade allocation, security pricing, corporate actions and settlement. The candidate will be a part of a small, nimble team with direct exposure to the senior management including Head of Operations, COO and CFO. Our team works closely together to onboard new strategies/solve operational problems offering team members the ability to expand traditional skill sets.
The candidate will also interact daily with partner brokers and administrators. An ideal candidate will have great communication skills, high level of attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits. The role can be based in our Austin, New York or Chicago office.
Skills & requirements:
- Hands-on experience working with database technologies such as PostgresSQL, SQL Server, MySQL
- Experience with general mid-back office systems (accounting systems like Geneva, investments, asset service, allocation process, market data, trades submission)
- Experience programming with Core Java
- Experience programming with Python
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures and their application to problem solving
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux command line utilities and shell script
- Knowledge on security clearing process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Data processing (data load, normalizer), Connectivity (reporting, trade submission)
- Develop back office system to ensure data accuracy.
- Ensure appropriate in house trade risk settings
- Process and investigate corporate actions
- Produce daily internal reports (holding recon, price recon, pnl recon)
- Develop tools to increase operational efficiency and reduce risk via process improvement
- Partner with product managers to help middle office and back office setup on new strategies, and new trade types.
- Manage portfolio account system (Geneva data report extract)
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience in the finance industry is a plus
Computer science degree with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Tyler Dietrich at 813-437-6859 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call as soon as possible; interviews are being schedule as soon as this afternoon!
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available.